Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Tintinnabulation In The Charivari, Among Other Things

Seriously. It's an enormous problem.

But, putting that aside for the moment, let's have a brief chat. I appear to be facing a crisis, Dear Readers, and therefore turn to your infinitely wise selves for advice.

Being somewhat sedentary once more, I am out of exciting travel-related stories to plug easily into this template as and when they happen to me. My only remaining option, should I wish to stay the course with regards to my general style thus far, lies dangerously within the "Band Camp" category of anecdotal relation. (If one replaces "Band Camp" with "Europe," naturally.) It would also, I imagine, be quite sickeningly nostalgic.

So! Progress! Change! Dramatic Social Restructuralization! And the invention of words to disguise the fact that I have no idea what I'm doing WHATSOEVER!

The question I put to you all is this, and do answer with a little bit of forethought, as your choices may shape the very nature of Reality itself -- at least where this blog is concerned:

What now?

I find myself torn between a few options. They are as follows.

1. Rambling about my life and the things I've been doing. Most likely in a sporadic and varied fashion, on account of that being the way my life normally unfolds. This option will probably be moderately interesting to some and incredibly dull to countless others.*

2. Launching into a new and more organized era of literary, cinematic, and theatrical criticism regarding things I'm reading and watching. Not, of course, mutually exclusive with any other options.

3. Foregoing any sort of coherent reviewing process and, instead, simply recommending things I enjoy with little regard for form or content. This option may include a certain amount of pompous bollocks, as it would probably end in me sounding like someone's mother explaining for the umpteenth time why I know best and that of course you should take the brown sweater because it looks better with those trousers and besides, darling, it's cold out there...

Etcetera.

3(a). Starting an exhaustive log of things I discover in my bellybutton.

4. Err...

5. That's it.

Somehow, I thought there were more.

So what say you, my fine feathered friends? Feel free to suggest things which differ wildly from the suggestions provided if their manner of suggestiness doesn't meet with your approval. I live to serve.

Also, I realize that this may be entirely pointless, as I'll be aboard a tall ship in 10 days and therefore unlikely to write very often. It will also doubtless provide me with enough anecdotes to power a small doomsday device, and therefore effectively solve my problem for me. Mostly I'm just curious to see a) Who actually reads this thing and b) How you react to the terrifyingly thorny circlet of responsibility.

May the best suggestor win.

*A relative term if one keeps in mind the fact that my total readership has only been known to number more than 6 on rare occasions. And at least 3 of those 6 are blood relatives.

2 comments:

Mister Aedan said...

So you admit to possessing an anecdote-powered WMD shortly after Dave proclaims himself to be a doctor of doom. Is this the dawning of a bright new transcontinetal blog-based supervillain team-up? Evil 2.0?

Do supervillains even do bright things?

Anyway, you can count this as a suggestion, but only if I get to be henchman of some kind...

Lucy said...

Congratulations, sir. You appear to be my only follower. Which probably makes you a henchman by default. Welcome aboard!

There are some orphans to shackle in Bay D6.

Get moving.