Friday, April 11, 2008

To Be Used For The Forces of Evil

I seem to have spent a great portion of the day slaughtering flies, but that's winding down now on account of my being rather adept at it and therefore running low on victims. So, a few exciting developments to be reported on, aside from the deaths of countless buzzing insects:

First and foremost, I have, with great expenditure of effort, deep cleaned my room. This may sound mundane to the common reader, but those familiar with the Bellwood family's astonishing capacity for the creation of Epic Chaos will doubtless be impressed by the fact. Of course, as I'm leaving again in a few short days, all the carefully dusted surfaces will once more acquire a sneeze-inducing patina of filth (Where does it all come from?) that will be purged anew in July. Still, it's nice for now.

I have also acquired a new and much-needed bookshelf -- an empty space which I can (and will) use to justify the purchase of many new and exciting books.

Secondly, I've devoted a shocking amount of time to cleaning outside my personal domain in The Shire* proper, as we have a real live human who is not a member of the family coming to stay. My very own, first-time-ever, fresh-outta-the-box Couchsurfing guest! Emmanuelle will be joining us for two nights starting today from France, so we figured now was as good a time as any to dispose of all those spare corpses and voodoo-related chickenfeather effigies lying around. Good choice.

There's more, always more, but it's 3:30 in the fucking morning, which is hardly a decent hour for a decent being to be awake at. Some of you may wish to argue that I'm hardly decent, and would probably be entirely correct in your convictions, but that doesn't change the fact that I am very, very sleepy indeed. Exciting recommendations will follow tomorrow, as well as whatever else I had in mind when I set out to update but somehow forgot to include.

It's just nice to show some floor again. Even if it sure as hell ain't gonna last.

*If you insist, Ms. Bennett.

No comments: